Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberries!

Well, all that rain was actually good for something. There is a bumper crop of wild strawberries in our field. Kelly and I picked and got the blue bowl full! The hard job was cleaning them all. I think I'll be seeing strawberries in my sleep!!



Berries almost ready to be made into jam.



Here is my reward...23 half-pints of homemade
strawberry jam. My sister-in-law bought me the
cute checkered lids. They will look awesome at the
craft show this fall! I kept a record of what I made
last year and it was 13 half-pints. WOW!!



And just when I thought I was done...I picked
some more on Sunday. There is still a zillion
of them out there. I better go buy some more
jelly jars!


Blessings to you all. I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Sheilda






No comments:

Post a Comment