Sunday, April 25, 2010

Basement Remodel

The fun began Wednesday night when my Mom and step-dad Ray came down to help us remodel our basement. Ray was barely in the house 5 minutes when he went downstairs and started riping up carpet. He does not mess around! He had half the room done Wednesday night.

Here is a before picture of the carpeting
that was in the basement.
All I can say is good riddens!!!!


This is half of the downstairs with carpet
GONE! You can see on the wall by the window
I was trying to figure out what color to paint.
I thought as long as Ray was here and everything was
out of the room we might as well get that done too.


Ray and I went to Sherwin Williams and
he helped me pick out two colors, one to
paint the walls, and another to paint the
paneling on the half walls. He did all the
edging and I did all the rolling. It was
fun working together and I was amazed it
only took us 2 hours and 15 minutes!


Next it was time for the laminate flooring.
It was a two person job. Here is Ray at work
and Mom helping (supervising). I helped him
lay most of it and learned a lot. It was pretty
easy to install. Ray had the hard part of cutting
pieces to fit around the door frames and ends.



I hardly got to comb my hair the morning we
laid the laminate. Ray is a worker and I wanted to
be down there to help him. There was no sleeping
in on my days off!


Putting in the final board.



Isn't is beautiful! Everything turned out better
than I had dreamed. Half of my downstairs
is now done. I just have to wait for the new carpeting to
come in and have it installed in the living room and
Shane's bedroom. I'll update my blog when that project
is done. I can't wait to have my basement
back in order so we can start enjoying it.
But, it is so worth the mess!
Thank you Mom and Ray for all your help, and for all you do for us.
We love you very much and enjoyed the time we got to spend together.

Have a blessed week!
Sheilda



























2 comments: