Monday, September 14, 2009

Back at Work

I went back to work on Tuesday after 12 days off, and for being a short week...it sure felt LONG! I am still busy canning but try to do a bit of crafting when I can. I just canned my last batch of salsa. Now it's time to focus on getting ready for the craft shows in November. Below is one of the items I made this weekend. I still need to put the finishing touches on it.




I was walking around my yard this weekend and realized that summer is coming to an end (even though it felt like mid-July). I will miss checking on the garden and my flowers so I tried to capture some pictures I can look at during those long winter months!


Here is the jumbo marigold bush on the side of my house. I
can't believe how well it did there in the hot sun.


Our maple trees are already starting to turn color.




We planted giant sunflowers on the end of the garden this year. They just recently got huge flowers on them. I am hoping to be able to use them to feed the birds this winter.



We have 8 watermelons! We picked the huge one on the right on Sunday.
I have not cut it open yet so I'll have to let you know how it tasted.




Our beautiful pumpkin patch got a fungus on the leaves so
Kelly had to spray them. The pumpkins seem to still be okay.
There are 14 of them just waiting for Halloween!


Zack, Becky and Natalie came over on Sunday. It had been two weeks since we saw them. Natalie just keeps getting cutier and cutier!



Zack helped Shane put a new air filter on his car. It's hard to believe these two used to drive Kelly and I crazy with their fighting! It makes my heart sing to see them together like this. It also makes me miss the days of having two little boys (fighting and all!).



Okay, isn't that the cutiest face you've ever seen!
Zack isn't too bad looking either. :o)


Natalie is out sitting on her pumpkin. She was more interested in
grabbing the leaves (which are really picky).



We put her in her stroller while we were outside. She LOVES her stroller.
She's getting to be such a big girl.



Here she is relaxing with her feet up. Life is good!!



They brought over her Jumparoo, Becky says its her favorite thing!
She got a good workout and made us all laugh.


I'll end with this picture of the sunset on Sunday. It reminds me of the Glory of God. Look at the beauty He has given us to look at. He has truly blessed my life with a wonderful family, a beautiful granddaughter, freedom to worship Him in the greatest nation on earth, but most of all He gave us His son Jesus. When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!!
Love you all,
Sheilda



















No comments:

Post a Comment