Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Days & Time Off!

I usually take time off work at the start of the Minnesota State Fair until Labor Day. I call it my "stay-at-home-Mom" week. It is a time I truly enjoy being home enjoying the last days of summer. Now that Shane is not in school anymore I did not have to get him ready! WHOOO! This year I focused on canning, freezing, crafting, and cleaning. I went and spent some time with my sister in Wisconsin Rapids. My mom also came down from Spooner. We enjoyed our time together. Rhonda and I cut out prim patterns we want to make for the craft show in November. My mom and I practiced a song we'll sing in Church one day soon. After I got back home I really missed them!!


My sister's deck is full of beautiful flowers.
She has such a nack for arranging them.


Some more flowers and her green beans & cucumbers.


Did I mention that all her cucumbers are round?
She does much better with flowers!!


My mom made some refrigerator pickles.



Well, it's time to go home. Mom and I followed each other until the Eau Claire exit. Good thing I had my new GPS unit with, it got us to the freeway in Black River Falls. The only thing it does not tell you is when a wild turkey is running out in front of you! I almost had a new hood ornament. I am still recovering from the deer that hit me in January!!




My sister and I tried our hand at a new craft. These jars turned out AWESOME
and will be used for some of our prim items at the craft show.

Below is what I have been working on since I got home last Wednesday. Besides these I still managed to can more salsa and freeze more corn. Our garden is winding down so I'll have more time to sew!


I got this frame at the Goodwill. I painted it and then sanded it so it looks old.
It turned out beautiful.



I love these sunflowers. I just need to add stems and put them in the
prim jars we made.



Here is a group shot of all my items. I know it doesn't look like much, but believe me it was a lot of work. I'll post pictures when I get them all put together.

Well, tomorrow my vacation is over and it's back to work. I thank God for the job He has given me, and I am grateful for the time I was able to take off. It was so refreshing to sleep in, not be in a rush to go anywhere, and just enjoy summer!

God Bless!!
Sheilda








No comments:

Post a Comment