Sunday, October 25, 2009

Going Away Bonfire

This weekend we had a going away bonfire for Shane and his friends. My sister-in-law, Jolene, my niece Cara and her fiance Jim came from Wisconsin. A couple of Shane's friends showed up early and everyone was put to work getting things ready. Jolene helped Shane throw wood into the basement. Then she grabbed the Windex and paper towels and washed my patio windows. The boys helped Kelly clear the fire pit area. I'm thinking we should have a party more often! It was great to have the help!


Jolene with paper towel in hand heading out
to wash my windows!

Shane and Aunt Jolene



Shane and cousin Cara Kae



Zack, Becky and Natalie showed up.
It was a wonderful surprise, I did not
know they were coming.



Natalie was enjoying her teething biscuit.
The more she chewed on it, the messier
her bib became (and everything else
she touched!)



She took a little break.
Isn't she a doll!!


I hauled up Shane's old high chair, gave her
a spoon, spatula, and melon baller and
she kept herself entertained for an
hour and a half. Who needs toys!!



Here she is in her puffy coat and hat
enjoying the bonfire...she really is awake
I just caught her with her eyes closed.



Shane, his girl friend Alisha, and his football
friends Mohammad, Nick and Chris



These are some of his baseball teammates
and friends from Meadow Creek



It started to drizzle so they came in and watched
a video that some of the kids made in 7th or 8th grade.
The teacher never let them show it in class.
I guess it was pretty funny.


The party was a success! I am amazed at how much some of those boys can eat.
I am glad Shane had the opportunity to see his friends before he leaves.



I tried a new prim sunflower pattern.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do with them, but I'll
figure something out.



I got this frame at the Goodwill and was so excited
to get a stitch picture made out of it. It turned out
awesome. Very prim!!




Gingerman family waiting to head to Spooner
to the craft show. Hopefully they will all find
good homes!!

Well, this coming week is our last week with our son Shane. I am so excited to have my family coming down next weekend to spend some time with us. I know we'll need the support as we get ready to take him to the recruiting office and hand him off to the Marines on November 1st. I appreciate your prayers for all of us!!
Sheilda





1 comment:

  1. SHANE IS TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!
    I hope I get to meet her next weekend :) :)

    ReplyDelete